: December 2014 - heden
: Moeders en kinderen
: Mukono district
Title/ theme : Varies
Length : December – present
Target audience : Mothers and children
Location : Mukono district
Objective: Increasing the knowledge regarding subjects in the field of health and preventative medical basic care for children and (pregnant) women in the community.
Where: The four villages in the area that will be visited monthly are:
- Lwanyonyi – Kiwaala
Topics we provide information on:
- December 2014 – HIV/AIDS
- Objective: Reduce the stigma and discrimination; reduce the number of HIV infections and enlarge the number of patients that use HAART faithfully.
- Activities: Counseling and testing for HIV
- January 2015 – Family planning/anticonception
- Objective: Create awareness of the possibilities in the domain of family planning and enabling mothers to do this in a healthy way
- Activities: Distribute resources for the purpose of family planning and in the field prenatal care.
- February 2015 – Immunization
- Objective: Prevent and/or reduce the amount of child diseases that can have major consequence in later life.
- Activities: The immunization of young children against all the child diseases which they can be protected against in Uganda. Vaccination of girls in the prolific age against Tetanus and deworm all children and where necessary give vitamin A.
- March 2015 – Immunization part 2
- Objective: Protect girls in the prolific age against Tetanus
- Activities: All girls that are being vaccinated in February with Tetanus toxin, repeat vaccination. For a lifelong protection in a period of 2 years they will need 5 vaccinations, the second vaccination can be given 4 weeks after the first one.
- Aprl 2015 – Family planning/anticonception
- Objective: Create awareness of the possibilities of family planning and to enabling mothers to do this in a healthy way.
- Activities: Distribute resources for the purpose of family planning and offer prenatal care.
- May 2015 – HIV/AIDS + First aid
- Objective: Reduce the stigma and discrimination, reduce the number of people infected with HIV and increase the number of patients that regularly use HAART.
- OBJECTIVE 2: Create awareness about the treatment of simple wounds and burns in their environment; prevent infections, handicaps and even life-threatening situations.
- Activities: Counseling and testing for HIV and practical first aid training.